Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Back to the Movies

I used to love movies. I thoroughly enjoyed films staring Danny Glover, Richard Gere, Robert Redford, Barbara Streisand, Angelina Jolie. But during the last presidential election I found out about their politics and was appalled. How could Glen Close be such a rabid liberal Democrat? I was thoroughly turned off, convinced that Hollywood was populated by leftists such as Michael Moore, Ed Asner and their ilk.

Then The Passion of the Christ was released and Mel Gibson’s character was revealed. Finally here was a movie star to respect. Well, it turns out there are others.


NewsMax magazine’s “Hollywood’s Heroes” issue highlights “25 stars who deserve acclaim for their courageous support of America and our troops. These are celebrities who live out the heartland’s values and stand up against Hollywood’s political correctness.”


· Mel Gibson – what really happened to this megastar when he dared to produce “The Passion of the Christ.”


· Tom Selleck – why he has not been afraid of standing up for Ronald Reagan, even when it wasn’t in vogue.


· James Woods – he turned his back on Hollywood’s peaceniks to stand up for the war on terror.


· Patricia Heaton – a crusader for family values, this actress would not give up her values for her career.


There are many more stars NewsMax salutes including Andy Garcia, Gary Sinise, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, LL Cool J, Freddie Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar, Dennis Miller, Denzel Washington, Robert Duvall, Catherine Bell, Danny Aiello, James Earl Jones, Ron Silver, Kelsey Grammer, Morgan Brittany, Ben Stein, Pat Boone, Kathy Ireland, Rick Schroeder and Bo Derek.


So it’s back to the movies for me. But I will look for films that feature actors who are worthy of our respect.


(This has been an unpaid commercial announcement by pvbilly.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I love Patricia Heaton! :-)

Stephanie

5:10 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

I don't love movies and particularly I don't like what passes for movie theatres these days. Terrible spaces with too loud sound. I find I can like movies with stars whose public pronouncments offend (Mystic River, for example). I am particularly happy when there is an actual story with realistic characters and minimal special effects. Stars who expose their ignorance run the risk that I won't even consider seeing their movie even if I might like it.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home