Friday, May 20, 2005

We support the troops

How dare you question our patriotism? " We support the troops, it's the war we oppose." Americans heard that a lot during the presidential election season from the Democrats and their media codpieces. We Republicans knew that it was just a bold faced lie. Now they have stopped lying and it's not pretty.

Lets start with Terry Moran, ABC's White House correspondent who the other day demanded of White House press secretary Scott McClellan:

"Who made you editor of Newsweek?" Moran was referring to the debunked Newsweek story of Koran flushing at Gitmo. So, Newsweek was lying, but even worse is the main stream media (msm) circling the wagons around a magazine that unjustly defames our military in a time of war.

Later on the Hugh Hewitt show, Moran came clean about the feeling of the msm about our courageous military.

"There is, Hugh, I agree with you, a deep anti-military bias in the media. One that begins from the premise that the military must be lying, and that American projection of power around the world must be wrong. I think that that is a hangover from Vietnam, and I think it's very dangerous."

Then there is this gem from Linda Foley, national president of The Newspaper Guild:

"Journalists are not just being targeted verbally or politically. They are also being targeted for real in places like Iraq. And what outrages me as a representative of journalists is that there's not more outrage about the number and the brutality, and the cavalier nature of the U.S. military toward the killing of journalists in Iraq. I think it's just a scandal."

"It's not just U.S. journalists either, by the way. They target and kill journalists from other countries, particularly Arab countries, at news services like Al Jazeera, for example. They actually target them and blow up their studios, with impunity."


Linda Foley is a union boss for msm. They support the troops.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope someone, sometime can tell me to my face, "I support the troops, I don't support the war" so I can ask them EXACTLY what they mean by that statement.

HOW in the world does one do this? What in the world ABOUT the troops can they support? Their fighting? Their willingness to go to war? Because to me, if you support these, you ultimately support the war. Am I missing something here?

Or is this just another way of being politically correct? How can one say they don't support our troops who are risking AND sacrificing their lives for our freedoms? That would be mean and un-American and they'd be blasted from all sides.

This is another one of those things we cannot let people get away with saying. Call them into account when you hear such things. See what they say (if they give you a straight answer).
Dori Medna

10:42 AM  
Blogger Bill Lama said...

Odograph,
You have it half right. I will support any war my country fights because it's my country. If our elected leaders go to war it is our duty as Americans to support that war.

If we don't like it, we can try to change our leaders in the next election.

I do not "give up my right to moral judgement" just because I put America first.

Perhaps it is patriotism that you are missing.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Bill Lama said...

Odograph,
This time you're 100% wrong.

Somalia was not a war, it was a UN "peacekeeping" mission. If the feckless UN and Bill Clinton had the guts to stay and fight a war, I would have supported it. The Somalis would be far better off if we had.

The first President Bush was right to fight the first Gulf war. If he had decided to press on into Iraq, I would have supported it. The Iraqis would have been far better off, and we could have avoided this war.

In neither case did the US president decide to go to war, so your questions are meaningless. I support the wars that we engage in, not those we don't fight.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home