Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Christy

Christy is my granddaughter. She just turned 16 and lives in Bend, Oregon. Christy’s older brother John is in the Army, 82 Airborne, and recently returned from Iraq. Johnny turned 20 while in Fallujah. Following is Christy's first attempt at poetry.

Gramps, I am just writing to show you a poem I wrote for History class. I'll start from the beginning. We watched Saving Private Ryan and had to write what we were thinking or feeling. So I wrote this.

People far and wide,
trying to save our country,
people just like us,
trying to make a difference,
they may get hurt,
and some may die,
but this is our world,
our love,
our life,
this is our country,
this is our war.

Please save us,
God be with us,
they yell out,
we cannot do it alone,
people are dying,
blood is thick,
it turns the water red,
kids not ready to be men
are getting ripped to shreds,
God please save us.
We cannot do it alone.

Tell me what you think.
Love, Christy


I think it's mighty fine sweetheart and I'm going to post it on PalosVerdesBlog.
I hope our family and friends like it too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having read the poem 4 times, Christy gets an A+ for content and style. God bless her. Pamela Cleveland

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home